- gtgt08 wrote:
- Hi guys. Pa post naman ng mga Initial hardwae requirements for setting up a RAN server.
1. Minimum computer specifications for my private server
2. Softwares i need to install
3. Internet Connectivity of my server and client
4. Files to be need on my launcher/patching and how do i update my RAn server if there has new version Ep4/Ep5/Ep6 etc
5. also the step by step on how do i configure the server
Thanks guys.. more power
i think the Minimum spec of PC is depend on how many client you want to your server. ok i give an example...
before mt server Spec: Semprone 3200, Mem 2 gig, Hdd 40 gig. Internet Connection 2mb downspeed, 350kbps downspeed. can handle only 20 clients..
[Guide]How to Install Ran Server[Mixed Mode Allmost Complete]
This is a Helpfull Guide, Some of the listed here is not necessary to install but me using the MSSQL2000 server.
P.s. Before you read this Guide, and I know you will notice that some of this part taken from others Thread.
Im just doing this to make the guide more elaborated for those people with hard headed like me^_^ if u cant still understand use your Common Sense
Need to Install Files:
1. Install MSSQL 2000.
2. Install MSSQL Service Pack 4 (SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU)
3. Install .NEt 2.0 (dotnetfx.exe)
5. Install MSSQL 2005 Express Edition (SQLEXPR.exe)
6. Install MSSQL 2005 Management Studio (SQLServer2005_SSMSEE.exe)
After you Install all your MSSQL, let's move on the the server part.
How to attach the .MDF Data file (Using MSSQL 2005)
1. Open MSSQL Management Studio then connect
2. Right click Database, then select Attach
3. Click Add, then select RanGame1P_data.mdf, Click Ok, then Click Ok.
4. Do this Until RanUser_data.mdf
How to attach the .MDF data files Using MSSQL 2000
1. Cick on Start>Programs>Microsoft SQL Server>Enterprise Manager
2. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers>SQL Server Group>(local)(Windows NT)
3. Click on Databases. Right Click Databases>All Task>Attach Database>Click on the small box with 3dots [...] before the word Verify
4. Click on Drive C: or D: where ur ranserver files located X:\ranserver\randata, then select RanGame1, RanUser, RanLog. And Ur done with this part
Attention: If u notice I did not Include RanShop, because u need to make new database and name it to RanShop manually.
5. Right Click on Databases>New Database>name it to RanShop.
6. Rigth click on Ranshop Database folder>All Task>Restore Database>From Device>Select Device>Add>Click the 3dot [...]and point it to the RanShop.bak, where ur file located.
7. And your Done restoring your .MDF files, you have now ur four(4) Databases.
Congrats All your Files has been restored properly!
Let's move on the the server part Ip Editing.
How to configure RAN Server
1. Open CFG folder inside your ran server (d:\ranserver\cfg\)
2. Open agent.cfg with notepad.
3. Change 127.0.0.1 to your IP Address (192.168.0.1 - LAN IP)
4. Dont change 127.0.0.1 if you have to play on the same PC (unit)
5. Change user_odbc_user and user_odbc_pass to your own.
6. Change it from user database settting, game database setting,log database and shop database
7. Do it the same procedure to field_0, field_1, field_2, login, and session CFG's.
8. You have now your ran server config success.
How to configure DATA folder of your RAN Server
1. Notice that you only have the GLogicServer folder in your data folder, right? It is because you extract the required data (Required_data.rar) here.
2. Go to Data folder of your client. (Usually it is in C:\Program files\e-games\RAN\data\)
3. Copy this following folder from your client to server data folder
a. glogic f. object k. gui
b. skinobject g. skin
c. effect h. map
d. skeleton i. editor
e. animation j. piece
(this folders are found in your client data folder)
4. So, you have now 12 folders inside your Server Data Folder.
5. If you run the server right away, you will have a error "ITEMTYPE Error"!!! blah blah blah
6. How to fix it? Open your glogic folder of you server data folder.
7. open glogic.rcc with winrar (if you dont have winrar, download it now and install it or else you will not be able to open the glogic.rcc )
8. Now, open the glogic.rcc with winrar and find comment.txt, double click the comment.txt
9. After you open the Comment.txt, find ITEMTYPE (Use Ctrl+F "shortcut key for Find")
10. So, you find it huh? Delete the line then change it with this code:
ITEMTYPE Weapon Tool,Arrow,Pharmaceutical,Teachnical abillity's book,Revert's Book,authentication book,Polish Dose,Magic Incantations,Bus Ticket,SkillPointReset,StatPointReset,Skill_StatPo intReset,Gift Box,Forgetful Detergent,Megaphone,Smoke and Fire,Character Add,Inventory Add,Warehouse Add,Warehouse Connection,PremiumBox,Individual' Store,RandomBox,separate costume,Hair Transformation,Face Transformation,? Item,Authentication CD,GoToFriend,SummonClub,HairTicket
11. Save it (Ctrl+S), "Do you want to update it from the archive?"... of course, click Yes!
12. Close the glogic.rcc
13. You are now ready to run the ran server.
Install your RAN Client
Download Client from any Official Server
How to install RAN Server
1. Extract the RAN Server (RanServer-Repack.rar) by Personified
2. Extract it any drive (ex. D:\)
3. So, will have now d:\ranserver\
4. Extract the required data (Required_data.rar) in d:\ranserver\data\, but select only the Glogicserver folder
5. You have now the Ran Server installed.
How to prevent 100% CPU Usage (I used this program its make my CPU Usage 100% below.)
1. Download and install "Process Tamer"
How to change your server name
1. open your gameextext_pe (for philippines), find WORD,SERVER_NAME,10 under this line change the first one to your server, ex:
RAN OFFLINE Server,Strife Server,Server2,Server3,Server4,Server5,Server6,Ser ver7,Server8,Server9
How to change your channel name
1. open your gameextext_pe (for philippines), find WORD,SERVER_CHANNEL,1
, user this line change the first one to your server, ex:
How your client to connect to server
1. go to your client directory
2. open param.cfg
3. Change LoginAddress to your IP address
4. Finish, you will now connect to your server.
How to run RAN Server
for EP2 I think you need to run these:
1. Session Server, Start
2. Login Server, Start
3. Field_0, Start
4. Field_1, Start
5. Field_2, Start
6. Agent Server, Start
for EP3 you need only to run 4:
1. Session Server
2. Login Server
3. Field Server
4. Agent Server
I hope this tutorial helps. If you have questions regarding this tutorial, post it!
you can learn alot from reading...